In Middle Tennessee you need to know more than lightning safety awareness!
Luckily, you have Lin-Dell Electric lightning protection services just a click away.
Lightning doesn’t segregate. Unlike our regional tornadoes and floods, lightning damage is one of the few natural disasters than can actually be prevented. Lin-Dell Electric has been designing and installing lightning protection systems across the state of Tennessee, northern Alabama and Kentucky for decades. Here’s why:
Over 50 years ago, Underwriters Laboratories (UL) stated that properly installed lightning protection systems meeting the UL 96A installation standards, were approximately 99% effective in preventing property damage. This continues to holds true today. Lightning protection systems are specified by architects, owners and engineers for a variety of residential and commercial applications. Thousands of installations are provided each year by qualified lightning protection system designers and installers like Lin-Dell Electric all across the U.S for both commercial and residential structures.
“A lightning strike won’t happen to us!” Is this a gamble you can afford to make with your family or commercial valuables?
Lightning protection systems are very effective and can be installed on both new and existing structures. Whether you are a home or commercial property owner, lightning protection should be considered. Defend your family or employees, your structure and the machinery or the furnishings that it contains against the damages of lightning damage. With a properly installed lightning protection system from Lin-Dell Electric, you will replace fear and worry with peace of mind and assurance. You’ve considered lightning protection, so don’t let another electrical storm pass without contacting Lin-Dell Electric to schedule your installation. For additional resources on lightning safety, please visit the NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) website at www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/
• The fear of lightning is known as keraunophobia.
• Lightning is a very random act of nature and is very unpredictable.
• There are about 1,800 thunderstorms around the world at any given time.
• Average of 55 deaths and 1,000 injuries occur each year.
• Lightning is our #2 weather-related killer in the U.S. Lightning kills more people than hurricanes and tornadoes combined.
• Lightning causes billions of dollars in property damage each year.
• Lightning travels upwards and downwards.
• Lightning can reach temperatures of approximately 50,000°F. Very, very hot!!
• Lightning causes more than 30% of church fires and almost 20% of lumberyard fires.
• Ben Franklin is credited with inventing “lightning rods”. His famous kite experiment dates back to 1752.
FALSE. While this is generally true, in some instances lower objects can be struck ignoring the taller objects.
• Lightning will never strike the same spot twice.
FALSE. A good example is the Empire State Building, which is struck an average of 100 times per year.
• A lightning protection system will attract lightning.
FALSE. A lightning protection system does not attract lightning. Rather the system intercepts the strike and directs it safely to ground.
• Lightning protection is no longer installed. This was used only on farms and farmhouses in the 40’s and 50’s.
FALSE. Today, lightning protection systems are specified by architects, owners and engineers for all kinds of public buildings, residential and commercial applications.
Contact Lin-Dell Electric today and keep your family and investments safe.
4th Generation of “Customer-First” Professionals in the Electrical Industry Lin-Dell Electric Co., Inc. celebrates over a half-century of service in the Nashville area, including metropolitan Nashville and surrounding cities and counties.